Monday, August 13, 2007

Family Reunion: 2007

This weekend I had to forego my usual antics and crowd to attend a family reunion...otherwise face eviction from all inheritances from both my parents and my Nannie. My brother was here as well, and we all made our way to the little town of Burton for a big ho down with the rest of our clan. First a little background. My family originate from six or seven (can't remember right now) brothers and sisters, and the branch that contains my immediate family is the best looking, thinnest, and funniest branch. The rest of my cousins are all fat, sloppy, unfunny, and/or nerdy. I won't bore you with very many pictures, but here are the highlights. PS - my brother and I left right after we ate lunch. You thought I was drunk, because I wasn't, but i wish I had been. That is my lil' bro. Here is my Nannie with her brother Cotton.Silent auctions at family reunions can be really fun sometimes. They can also be very white elephant gift tacky. In the end, I lost out on this stunning cake topping looking angel figurine. I was SO pissed that I lost it to cousin Mertyle. I am kidding, I have no cousin named Mertyle.
Speaking of silent auctions...nothing SCREAMS silent auction like a bag of jerky and cheese. We did win this, and it was DEEEEEEEEEEElicious.
This is my dad's cousin Sandy. This woman is HYSTERICALLY funny. She sounds like she smokes five packs of cigarettes a day, and she is VERY quick on the comebacks. I am beginning to think that I get my sense of humor from my dad's side, although I used to think my mom's side of the family was funny...you know until my Mam Maw passed away and they raided her house. Thanks, ya'll...love you, mean it! My dad also had another cousin there that is a minister and they had no idea that the british use the word "Randy" to describe being horny...until my brother told them his girlfriend is currently in London for her brother's wedding and had to explain it to them. When he said the word "horny" I thought their faces were going to melt off their face. Wonder what they would think if they knew I was a homo? Burst into flames? I slept the rest of the afternoon on Sunday. Very unproductive, but also cheap. Yay for not spending any money!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home